Tuesday, 21 September 2010

September: the obvious month to post about bikinis...

I spent a couple of months in Rio early on this year which was beyond excellent. I was a little unprepared for the Brazilian bikini ethic though - 'nappies' aka bikinis which cover more than half of each buttock are a no go. You don't have to wear a g-string (I didn't, no one needs to see that) but I didn't take long to get into the swing of wearing something a little more itsy, bitsy, teeny and weeny than I was used to, they are in fact more flattering, they also give you an immediate insight into why they invented the Brazilian bikini wax. I would say this is only for the brave but in fact you feel like more of an ass if you cover yours up.





Olga Olsson - a bikini brand started by Ruth Ferguson - makes bikinis in Rio but in an Italian cut - not quite so teeny as the Rio style, so not quite such a shock to your ass - in wonderful colours and flattering shapes, check out the website here:
http://www.olgaolsson.com/

In my mind Ruth, who named the brand after her super-stylish Grandmother, has some admirably well thought out business ethics going on (http://www.olgaolsson.com/about-c-299.html) and when English bikini wearing weather comes around again (got a little while to wait), I will be kitting myself out in her designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment