Wednesday, 9 November 2011

Wednesday Chimera Terrors

Soooo, Kate Clark's chimeral sculptures are fugging creepy. The human faces really remind me of a film, perhaps a bad horror film which I think I hated, but I can't damn well remember what it was called. Probably something to do with cannibals. Not Mason Verger. Help me out here. 

Anyway, Kate says : "Studying the tension between personal and mythical realms, I create sculpture that synthesizes the human face into the body of wild animals. Initially, these forms can be shocking and repelling as viewers both recognize and reject their presence."
And I say "BLARGH, creepy, but I like 'em."

My favourite is the baby deer which is out Bambi-ing Bambi with it's 'Mother?' face.


gazelles


fallowfallow


BearBear


Caribou

Untitled




Follow Wellity Wellity Well on Twitter and Facebook



No comments:

Post a Comment